Mint chutney is easy and quick side dish for idli and dosa.There is another way to make pudina chutney that is used for sandwich samosa and some chat foods.Mint is very good for health and have many nutrients and solves the problem of indigestion.
Plain mint chutney may taste little bitter but i have added tomato and coconut to adjust the bitterness so it really tastes so good and different.I love to have this mint chutney with rice.
I have shown you step by step pictorial recipe.Now lets look into the recipe.
- Mint leaves
- Urud dal and channa dal
- Mustard seeds
- Red chilli
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Serves||Type|
|10 min||10 min||2||Chutney|
- Heat pan with some oil and add 1 tsp of urud dal and 1 tsp of channa dal and cook til golden brown color
- Add 3-4 shallots,2 cloves and 2 red chillies
- Then add 1 chopped tomato and cook well
- Add fresh mint/pudina leaves and cook well
- Then add 5-6 coconut pieces and turn off the stove top
- Let it cool completely and take it in a mixer jar
- Grind well by adding water to make a chutney
- For seasoning add oil in a pan and mustard seeds and urud dal and add it to chutney
- Your mint/pudina chutney is ready
In oil add 1 tsp of urud dal and channa dal
Add chillies, garlic and onion
Add chopped tomato
Add mint leaves
Add coconut pieces
Grind into fine paste
For seasoning add mustard seeds and urud dal
Add it to the chutney
Serve it with rice ,idli or dosa
Try out this recipe and share your feedback.Happy Cooking!!